Complexity made easy! Illustrate Haute Couture style dress or bridal gown without unnecessary stress and mistakes.
This is a book for everyone who designs, illustrates or works with "haute couture style" fashion. If you need to illustrate wedding dresses, evening gowns, one of a kind outfits loosely covered by a term "haute couture", this book is for you.
With the Haute Couture Fashion Illustration Resource Book, you will
- be more productive. This is a book for busy professionals who value their time and effort. The book includes figure drawing templates, so you do not have to draw your fashion illustration from scratch! Select a croquis from the book and sketch over it.
- jump start your project! This book breaks through creative blocks by offering ideas of dress silhouettes and inspiring step by step drawing demos.
- be focused on the practical aspects of fashion design. You need to illustrate your dress with an understanding of sewing and fabrics. All illustrations of the dress elements in this book were created with the expert knowledge of Haute Couture construction.
- learn how to draw accurately. All drawings in this book are simple pencil drawings, with step by step demos which makes it easier to see the illustration process.
- learn visually. Are you a visual learner? Then this book is for you! The book has almost no text, just terms, and captions. This is not a book to read; it is a tool to practice.
- stay focused on details.
- In many cases, haute couture style dress is all about intricate details. To draw complex design elements accurately and fast could be an intimidating task. This book contains a series of clearly depicted details. With this book on your desk, it is easier to get your project done.
In the Haute Couture Fashion Illustration Resource Book, you will find
- 700+ hand drawn pencil illustrations
- collection of dress silhouettes with examples and analytics
- 18 haute couture style figure templates
- basic terminology of wedding dresses and evening gowns
- step by step drawing tutorials
- gallery of dress elements such as necklines, sleeves, hemlines, waistlines, trains
- gallery of headwear details such as vails, blushers, hear decorations and flowers
- collection of structural elements of dresses and gowns such as cascade, drapery, gathers, pleats, ruffles, flares
Who needs this book? Do you design for a bridal dress shop? Are you an evening gown designer? Are you creating an elegant haute couture style outfit? Use the Haute Couture Fashion Illustration Resource Book to save time and effort for professional grade results. This book will be equally useful to advanced designers and novices in fashion illustration alike.